INTRODUCING LEAD CONSULTANT & OWNER, ALASTAIR MILLARD.
Safety Engineering Solutions Ltd is owned and managed by Alastair Millard, a Chartered Chemical Engineer (CEng) and Chartered Scientist (CSci) with over 23 years’ experience in a range of industries. Alastair is a TÜV Rheinland certified Functional Safety Engineer (FS Eng) as well as an IChemE certified Professional Process Safety Engineer. Alastair completed his Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree at Cranfield School of Management in 2008 in order to complement his technical knowledge with a deeper understanding of the business contexts in which he operates.
Assignments within Operating and manufacturing companies typically include improvement work, regulatory compliance and ad-hoc reviews. Safety Engineering Solutions is flexible and responsive to the needs of its Clients. Safety Engineering Solutions Ltd is fully equipped with the personnel, the necessary tools (including all required software, codes and standards) and current techniques to help its Clients solve complex problems, quickly, in order to become best in class.
OUR RANGE OF SERVICES.
• Development of Process Safety & Loss Prevention Strategies
• Development of Process Safety & Loss Prevention procedures
• Hazard study and risk assessment
• Consequence analysis e.g., using DNV-GL’s PHAST software
• Fire and Explosion Risk Assessments
• Flare radiation and dispersion analysis
• Inherently Safer Design (ISD) reviews (“hierarchy of controls”)
• ALARP demonstration
• Facilitation and/or scribing at workshops:
- Hazard Identification (HAZID)
- Hazard and Operability (HAZOP)
- Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA)
• Emergency Escape and Rescue Analysis (EERA)
• Fire and Gas (F&G) System Design
• Active Fire Protection (AFP) System design including demands and network hydraulic analysis
• API relief calculations
• Process Safety Audits e.g. OSHA PSM (we are British Standards-certified auditors)
• Safety Report (onshore and offshore) updates and thorough reviews
• Incident reviews
• Regulatory compliance
• Best practice reviews
• Calculation-checking and proof reading
• Consulting (including partnering with other consultancies)
• Training and awareness
• Site-based (outsourced) Safety & Risk Engineering for Operators and Manufacturers including offshore work both UK and overseas